mélange - a mixture of often incongruous elements. Pretty pictures, yummy-looking recipes, money-saving tips, going green, noteworthy news, and stuff going on in my life. In no particular order.
Sometimes snarky. Oftentimes serious. Usually thoughtful. Never dull.

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Ideal escapes.

Every morning should start with breakfast - it should be nutritious and filling, and wouldn't it be lovely to begin the day with something just a bit sweet?

How about a blackberry honey wheat scone? Balance the yummy with some Greek yogurt - double the protein of regular yogurt, and fat-free! I'm a big fan of Chobani - the raspberry flavor is my favorite.


Wouldn't it also be fabulous to end every long day of work with something cool and refreshing, with just a little zing?

This watermelon mint lime martini would do the trick, don't you think?


Something tells me Alice from Savory Sweet Life must have had me on her mind when she made these most recent two posts, right? Even though I only stumbled across her blog this morning, she just *knew* I'd become a big fan! Plus, she's in Martha's Circle - and unless we're talking about inside trading, Martha Stewart is practically perfect in every way!


If time and effort [and heck, money!] were no object, how would you like to start and end each day?

2 comments:

  1. That martini does look perfect on a hot spring or summer day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would start every day by eating eggos and I would end it by eating a lava cake...

    Don't judge me. You asked.

    ReplyDelete