Well, it only took almost 6 six years - but a few weeks ago, I finally did it! And not only did I make quiche, I made up my own recipe. I don't cook much, so the fact that it was even edible was an accomplishment for me!
I turned all of this [you don't see the garlic bread and Cheddar Bunnies - they're miiiine] -
With the addition of fresh eggs from good friends with a chicken coop,
But not only was it edible, my husband came home yesterday from a potluck lunch at work to tell me that my quiche was BETTER than the ones served there! Go me!
- 8 slices crumbled bacon
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 cup baby spinach, shredded
- 6 ounces herb feta cheese
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- garlic powder to taste
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 9-inch deep dish pie crust
2. Sprinkle shredded cheddar into pie crust. [If using a frozen pie crust, don't even worry about defrosting it first! Seriously.] Push cheese into crust so it creates a barrier between the crust and the liquid ingredients [this helps avoid a soggy crust after baking].
3. Place crumbled bacon atop cheddar cheese.
4. In the bacon-greased skillet, saute chopped bell pepper, shredded baby spinach and the feta cheese until the pepper is slightly soft and the spinach is wilted. Pour into cheesed pie crust.
5. In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, garlic powder and salt & pepper. Pour over other ingredients.
6. Bake at 375 degrees for one hour, or until the crust is a golden brown and the center of the quiche is mostly firm.
7. Remove from oven and let set for 10 minutes before serving.
8. Enjoy [or serve to someone else and watch them enjoy!]
Is there a recipe you've been meaning to try but just haven't gotten around to making quite yet?